The Division of Research Administration at UP, held the exhibition with the theme “1 Faculty 1 Innovation Community 2023”. Miss Anchalee Thiamkhiri, Director of the Division of Research Administration, presented the objectives of the event, and Associate Professor Dr. Supakorn Pongbangpho, President of UP, delivered the opening speech. The event was attended by a committee of experts, university executives, faculty members, staff, and students at the 99th Anniversary Building of Phra Upali Kunupamajarn (Puang Thammapanyo), University of Phayao.
On Wednesday, January 24th, 2024, Associate Professor Dr. Supakorn Pongbangpho, President of the University of Phayao emphasized that research serves as the cornerstone driving national development. It leverages knowledge to foster innovation, and collaboration with the community to enhance quality of life and foster partnerships between governmental and private entities, as well as network partners. This concerted effort is directed towards spatial development aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to promote social well-being. The “1 Faculty 1 Innovation Community Project Exhibition 2023” stands as a pivotal activity, providing a platform to showcase the successes of the project over the past year. It also serves as a valuable opportunity for agencies and stakeholders from diverse sectors to engage in knowledge exchange and collaboration toward sustainable area development.
The University of Phayao’s Division of Research Administration recently organized the annual exhibition, “1 Faculty 1 Innovation Community Project,” in partnership with Phayao Research. The main goal of this event is to showcase the successful results of project operations, which the university places great importance on. This initiative aims to inspire and assist various agencies in actively contributing to spatial and societal development in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It highlights the crucial role of universities in promoting regional development, in line with the university’s motto, “Wisdom for Community Empowerment.”
The format of this activity is a presentation of the results of operations for the past year, 2023, comprising an exhibition, performance contest, and selling of community products that have been developed under the project. There was a total of 18 participating agencies and more than 200 people accepted the event. The award results will be announced at the opening ceremony of the 13th Phayao Research Academic Conference on January 25, 2024.
A committee of 10 experts was convened to consider the awards. The members of the committee are as follows:
1. Professor Dr. Samer Thanoi, Vice President for Research and Innovation, University of Phayao
2. Associate Professor Dr. Peeradett Tongumpai, Director of the Knowledge Network Institute of Thailand
3. Assistant Professor Dr. Apirak Songrak, Vice President of Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya
4. Associate Professor Dr. Warunee Ariyawiriyanan, Assistant to the President of Rajamangala University of Technology Thanyaburi
5. Associate Professor Dr. Chedsada Mingchai, Vice President of Uttaradit Rajabhat University
6. Assistant Professor Dr. Somrak Rodjaroen, Vice President for Finance and Accounting Research Nakhon Si Thammarat Rajabhat University
7. Professor Dr. Sutisa Thanoi, Naresuan University
8. Assistant Professor Dr. Tatcha Sampim, Director of Academic Resources and Information Technology, Nakhon Si Thammarat Rajabhat University
9. Mrs. Benjamas Tiramasawanit, expert, Program Management Unit on Area Based Development (PMU A)
10. Professor Dr. Gavin Reynolds from Sheffield Hallam University, England
At today’s event, there was an opening ceremony for the Climate Change activities section. The first Net Zero Carbon Tourism was also introduced, along with a ceremony to award the Carbon Credit Sign to the Department of National Parks Wildlife and Plant Conservation by the Renewable Energy and Environment Research Center at the School of Energy and Environment, University of Phayao. Special lectures were given on various topics, including “Net Zero Carbon Tourism and Low Carbon National Parks” by a representative from the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, “Direction and Trends in the Use of Environmentally Friendly Products” by Dr. Wijarn Simachaya, President of the Thailand Environment Institute, “The Future of Carbon Credit Business and the Thai Service Industry” by Mr. James Andrew Moore, CEO of WAVE BCG Co., Ltd., and “Health Promotion and Thai Tourism” by the Office of Health Risk Factors Control Section at the Thai Health Promotion Foundation (ThaiHealth). Additionally, academic work was presented both onsite and online through oral presentations.